Saturday, August 13, 2016

Back To School


I just finished up my youngest's "Back To School" card.  And not a moment too soon, he goes back on Monday.  We walked his schedule on Thursday and he was seriously nervous about going to Middle School.

   "Here Mom, quiz me on my schedule."
   "You don't have to memorize this, you know.   I've printed a copy and put it in your backpack."
He shot me a look of unbelievable disgust.  "Seriously?  Only geeks wander around aimlessly."

Alrighty.

I used the sketch over on the Freshly Made Sketch site.  I'm trying to be able to do a Clean and Simple look on cards but I struggle.  I do love my layers!

I'm using a Doodle Pantry set: Pencil & Paperclip Color plus.  It's incredibly versatile.

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun card to start middle school! I've made cards for my sons over the years and wondered if they cared - but as I was helping my oldest pack for college, he has a box with the cards!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, and, yes, despite your layers of matting, this card is perfectly CAS! The colors and personalization, with the words of encouragement, just is such a way to make a memorable moment! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete