Thursday, October 22, 2015

DP: A Very Marshmallow Christmas


To quote Snoopy, "It was a dark and dreary [day]" so I decided to make some inner happiness around here by getting my crafty on.

I've had this image sitting on my desk for a long time so I decided to dust it off a bit and get to work with the copics.  It's the Doodle Pantry image "Cocoa Cup Ants." I'm not much of a hot chocolate drinker (coffee is what can normally be found in my cup) but I liked it because it reminds me of my youngest child.  He feels that there should be a 70/30 ratio when making cocoa.  70% marshmallows (especially the multi-colored ones) and a very small 30% of the drink ... just enough to melt the sugary goodness of the marshmallows!

 I'm using the colors suggested by the Color Throwdown .  My pink isn't exactly fuchsia but ... it IS pink.  I also used the sketch from Sketch Saturday.  I loved it's angularity.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun card and a great way to showcase the throwdown colors! Thanks for joining us in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute image - beautifully coloured! I have to say I rather like the idea of a 70/30 marshmallow/drink ratio too!!! Love your paper choices and the stitching on this pretty card too. We're delighted to see you enter our challenge at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... not sure how I'd feel about having ants put marshmallows in my cocoa! *shudder* Great coloring! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable image!! So he likes cocoa with his marshmallows :) So glad you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute image with the perfect sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us for the Color Throwdown #365!

    ReplyDelete