Wednesday, June 24, 2015

SSW2: Sweet Pea rewind


It's another Wednesday and that means challenge time over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.  This week we have a new sponsor: Sweet Pea Stamps

We are having a rewind of an old sketch.  It's a great one and still works well.  I'm using Connie Fong's sweet Spring Flowers for my card.  I needed a sympathy card and I think this works well for this.

I hope you can join in the fun.

I also wanted to show you some pictures from my trip to Alaska.  The hubs and I agreed that we could  "totally live there!"  The only thing that was a bit of a drawback: the extreme temperatures and the whole daylight until 11:30 at night thing!  We wanted to see the Northern Lights buuut we were there in the wrong season.  Oh well.

This is Harvard Glacier in College Fjord.  The glaciers in the area are named for prominent colleges. Don't look for a Princeton glacier, apparently the founders snubbed that college being graduates from Harvard!

 This is a picture of my youngest, reading.  He found the library on the boat and spent much of our vacation there.  I packed him 5 books.  He went through those and then finished another 3.  His dad and I were happy to accompany him to the library every day because that was where they served afternoon tea.  Yum!

The final picture is the beach.  You can't see them because my camera is apparently "zoom challenged" but there are baby Harbor Seals sunning themselves with their moms.  How about those mountains tho?  Pretty amazing.  We saw seals, whales, orca, walrus, and porpoise.  The only things I didn't see (and really REALLY wanted to) were Moose and a Grizzly Bear.  Buuut everyone came back rested, and happy.  Two thumbs up for Alaska!

5 comments:

  1. They do say great minds think a like. I do love this image it's just so pretty. Love it coloured in pink and pink design papers I just might have to make another in pink I think and yes Alaska is still on my bucket list it's so beautiful. We're having a cold spell here this week it' the coldest in 30 years it was -2c this morning when I got up don't laugh I know that's not cold for your part of the world but it's cold for us. There was one part of NZ that recorded -20c that's the coldest in 30 years but the photo's looked amazing on tonight's news and weather. Take care and have a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet girlie Card, Joanna. Thanks for sharing these Alaska Pictures. The nature must be heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet sympathy card. Love your coloring and the cute flower paper. Your vacation sound like it was amazing! Alaska is on my bucket list, going to have to talk to my husband about a cruse, he is not a ship person.
    Glad to hear I am not the only one with Summeritis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what gorgeous pics! Everyone I know who takes a cruise there absolutely loves it. Speaking of love, I sure do love your card. Such a precious image and beautiful papers.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Joanna, I love everything about it.
    Alaska looks stunning and I love the idea of going to the library for afternoon tea.
    Hugs
    Anne
    xx

    ReplyDelete