Friday, January 9, 2015

SSMIS-Yoga Yolanda


It's another year of Secret Sister Monthly Image Challenge, can you believe it?  Imke is our hostess and challenged us with AI's Yoga Yolanda AND paper piecing.  My favorite thing about this image is the little ball socks that Yolanda is rocking.  I totally remember wearing those in High School!

I starting with the Die Cuttin Diva's sketch ... I say "started" because by the time I rotated the image and started adding a bit of this and a bit of that, it doesn't look like the sketch at ALL!  Oh well, it was a good jumping off point.

AI and Cute Card Thursday have the challenge of "What's New" on their blogs.  I plan to submit this card.  What's new is ... my resolution to exercise more often (and this paper, though shhhhh.  Don't tell the hubby).  I wanted my card to reflect my NEW exercise regime but as I type this, I gonna admit that TODAY was the first time that I went to the gym.  Ugh.  Not a good start!

4 comments:

  1. Totally fun card, Joanna and great take with fussy cutting the image !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you dressed Yolanda! Very funny and cute card! Thanks for playing in Art Impression's "What's New?" challenge! ~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this card is the bomb! What a great image and sentiment. Love your coloring and fab paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Ai images and this card cracks me up. Great layout and love the pinks! Come and join us at a new stampers Linky Party Blog, we would love to see you on our Art Impressions page, and show off any other stamps you play with as well! http://anyaoddiesandothers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete