Wednesday, June 12, 2013

SSW 210: Stamp ~N~Doodle



Wow.

Half-way through June already.  Crazy how fast life flies by once  you aren't six and waiting for Santa to arrive. 

We're in the middle of Summer Baseball.  TJ is on the Blue Jays this year.  All the boys love it because their coach's name is Jay and their uniforms are blue .... get it, Jay is sad (apparently you have to be seven to think it's hilarious but they certainly do!)  I've got to get back into the habit of taking an umbrella to the games.  Parking is a million miles away and I've sat in the rain (like an idiot) too many times now!

It's Wednesday and that means it's time for another stamp challenge from Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  We have a new sponsor, Stamp~N~Doodle.  I chose this one, Storm's a Comin'.  I tried coloring the image but liked it best just grey-toned.

The prize for this week's winner is two images from the Stamp~N~Doodle store!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Joanna this is such a lovely card. What a great image and I love how you didn't colour it, it didn't need it with your pretty design paper and colours. Just the perfect masculine card. Take care and have a great week. I know what you mean about time passing by so quickly yes the middle of June already. Because my birthday is so close to Christmas I always said to my mum I can't wait until my birthday and Christmas and she would say don't wish your life away which I thought was silly but now I'm getting older I can totally understand what she was saying and agree.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Joanna, I love the grayscale image. Your papers really make the image stand out. Beautifully done!! Enjoy your rain...I wish we had some.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with the image in grays. Love this sketch and your design. It is so pretty I want the image. I love lighthouses and love the clouds in this one. You really did a great job on this card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we both had Lighthouses on our minds... =) Love your card - the Blue Jay color is PERFECT!! Awesome card!!
    Blessings to you Joanna!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I remember the long baseball days...for me now it is soccer.
    Your card is super, love that the image is not colored and those great looking swirls. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, that image is stunning in the grays. And it works so well with the blue/green colors you've added. Fabulous.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty with the black and white image. The colors of the papers and ribbons are just gorgeous, and that's the perfect sentiment too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Joanne, and I love your sentiment and the colours you have used - one of my favourite at the moment.

    Holly xx

    ReplyDelete