Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: #175-69, A Day For Daisies


It's Wednesday and that means that it's time for another sketch challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

This week's sketch was so fun and worked perfectly with the image that I chose from our sponsor, Tammy from A Day For Daisies.  I was immediately drawn to A Bear for Halloween; you can find her here.

I love my card this week because it reminds me of ... well, myself when I was younger.  I MAY have (er) borrowed a piece or two of candy from my sister's Halloween bag.  Not 100% sure but my sister maaaaay have a harsher take on the events described here.  Love ya, sis!

The A DAY FOR DAISIES site is fantastic.  It provides over 1000 fun and whimsical digital images, including fairy tales and magical mermaids, cutie kids, vintage illustrations, sentiments and lovely designs for all occasions!
 
 This week your winning card could win you $12 to spend in Tammy's store.  Remember, in addition to posting your card, you must also comment on the Sweet Sketch blog to be eligible.

I'm entering the card in the following challenges:
The Poodle Parlour: Halloween
Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog: Halloween/Fall
Catered Crop: Halloween Screams Recipe
No Matter Which Challenge: Halloween Creations or Halloween Colours

12 comments:

  1. Joanna,
    What a cute image, and fun saying. The stitching look super. Have a good week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute image and fun sentiment.Great choice !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanna this is such a cute image and yes I love the sentiment that would be my niece she would hunt sweets and chocolates out when she was little now she's turned 30 she has one amazing figure but still has a sweet tooth. Love your colours and papers. Take care and have a wonderful week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute! Love their images. You did a great job on this card, love the sewing and your sketch is a fun one. Beautiful coloring Joanna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card and sentiment really brings a smile to my face. I am still chuckling. It is so cute. Great job on the coloring and I love your colors. Have a wonderful rest of the week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Joanna - I adore ADFD images - they do bring forth so many memories =) Great sentiment!! I love your stitching!! That is something I have not dared to try yet... I must get my machine out soon...
    Blessings to you Joanna - Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and I love the little tip on your project. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at NMW Challenges, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

    Just a tip, please turn off word verification, we usually do not leave comments if it is turned on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome card chickie! omg..i love that image...and that 'tip' that is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and I love the fun sentiment too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet story about you and your sister at Halloween!! And your card is absolutely darling.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just adorable. I love the cute image and your interpretation of the sketch. I actually played along with this one too!. Thanks so much for joining us at the Poodles Parlour last fortnight and my apologies for the lateness of my comment! Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Joanna I loved your card last week. You papers are so fun. What a darling image. So fun everyone has different tastes when picking. So fun embellishments. Sorry for being so late. I did get all the player last week but missed the Dt. So its catch up time today. Weather is not good for working out side. Have a sweet day!!! Hugs Arlana

    ReplyDelete