Thursday, February 24, 2011

Secret Sister Monthly Image Swap


OK, so a group of us on SCS are swapping images and then making cards from the this same image each month. This month's hostess with the mostess is Linda. She sent us "Waiting Tilda" to use ... a very cute image. I also used paper and other goodies sent to me from my Secret Sister (thanks, sis ... I loved the little berries and sentiment!) We have some seriously talented crafters in the group; check out the gallery of the cards on SCS!

For the most part, I like my card. In hindsight I wish I had embossed the pink rectangles BUT since I sewed them together ... I will live with it (seriously, it was bugging me so much that I almost took it apart to redo but then I forced myself to just get a grip!) The indentation on the rectangle is complements of my youngest who was coloring on top of it (eek!) Apparently he has a REALLY strong coloring style since it made a crease!

Supplies: stamps: Magnolia (I suspect that the sentiment and berries are as well, but I'm not entirely certain since they were part of a swap.)
Paper: Color: Stampin Up Melon Mambo, White: Neenah
Accessories: MS punch, copics, Crystal Effects (on Strawberries), Nesties, Sewing Machine.

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Joanna! Love the berry accents, paper and sentiment. Looks wonderful. You made me laugh, I sometimes need to tell myself to "get a grip" too! I think it looks great just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute, Joanna! The berry paper and embellies are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanna, very beautiful. I like the strawberries and the matching sentiment. Great take with the image !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is adorable! Love the colors and layout.

    ReplyDelete